NEW TRYOUT PROCEDURES DUE TO COVID
- Please arrive 30 minutes early to tryouts. Check in will be at the South Pavillion at North Collier Regional Park. Please park on the south side of the fields between the soccer and softball fields.
- All players must check in with staff at each tryout while practicing social distancing. At the first tryout they will receive an Azzurri shirt and number. Please wear the Azzurri shirt to all subsequent tryouts. Numbers should be pinned to the front of the player’s shorts for all tryouts. Please wear a light shirt to the first tryout and bring a dark shirt to change into for scrimmages
- You must bring a copy of the signed FYSA Hold Harmless agreement or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No form, no tryout!
After parents drop their player at the field we request they return to their cars for the duration of the tryout. We request all parents wear a mask and social distance while helping to check in their child. Parents will not be allowed on the playing fields.
- Staff will take the temperature of every player at check in at every tryout.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at check in and on the fields.
- Bring a ball, water, and shin guards. No sharing of equipment or water
- No high fives, handshakes or hugs
- Coaches will contact parents via email and phone
TEAM FORMATION PROCESS 2020/2021
Selection to an Azzurri Storm team is three-fold
- Intent to Play (registration)
- Player Evaluation Sessions
- Player Selection and Team Formation
The Intent to Play process states your intention to be placed on an Azzurri Storm Youth Soccer team. It includes registration for the Player Evaluation Sessions, collecting your player identification number and tryout t-shirt at check-in, and attendance.
PLAYER EVALUATION SESSIONS
Player Placement and Player Evaluation Sessions
Soccer evaluation (formally tryout) season is a challenging and stressful time of the year for our players, coaches, and families. It does not reflect the work the player has done over the course of the year and it is unfair for them to be assessed only on the basis of their performance in a 1-2-3 day event. As a result, our coaches and directors rely on a number of tools to evaluate a player to ensure each player is placed appropriately based on his or her tactical, technical, physical, and psycho-social development.
- Team Training & Age Group Trainings
- New Team Environment (guest playing & guest training)
- Speed, Agility, and Strength
- Soccer IQ, Instincts, and Personal Traits
- Tournament Participation
- Coach and Director Evaluation and Feedback
Using this information will help assess our current players and make determinations on placement. The team formation process is affected by two factors:
- Players leaving the team.
- New players attending the evaluation sessions.
Player Evaluation Sessions for New Players
Although we use a year-round player placement process to evaluate current players within Azzurri Storm, we will continue to hold evaluation sessions to evaluate prospective players from outside the club. During these sessions, we look for very specific qualities in each player to ensure they are a good fit for our club and team culture. We use current players and teams to help gauge where a prospective player may fit within the structure of our club.
PLAY UP REQUESTS
Requests to “play up” must be made in writing to the board prior to the first evaluation date. If permission is granted, the player must first attend their age group and then move to the older age group for the remaining evaluation sessions for consideration. For more information, email email@example.com.
Player Selection and Team Formation Process
- Team Offer: Current and prospective players will receive team placement offers within 24-48 hours.
- Player Registration: To secure placement on the team, players must register, select a payment plan, or pay in full within 24 hours. Upload a current photo of your player to their gotsoccer account at this time.
- Team Meeting: Your coach will arrange a team meeting prior to the 2020/21 season.
We feel confident in the process to place players on the appropriate team and to help reduce stress, anxiety, and difficulties surrounding the tryout event for players and parents. Soccer Parenting Resource Center offers supportive articles and interviews for parents and players during the evaluation (tryout) process.